Website Elder Home Care
This rewarding position provides consistent, flexible hours to accommodate your personal needs, while providing a great career with a growing company.
If you have a genuine passion for helping others, and you are looking for a meaningful, fulfilling career with an organization that recognizes and supports your contribution, we invite you to join our team.
- Follow specific care plans for clients and report on completed tasks.
- Assist with personal care needs of the client (bathing, dressing, etc.).
- Provide or assist in routine house cleaning, meal preparation, and laundry.
- Transport clients to doctor’s office, grocery store and other essential errands.
- Assist clients with the self-administration of medications.
- Observe and report any changes in client’s condition.
- Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a Certified Home Health or Personal Care Aide with evidence of NYS Home Care Registry enrollment after completion of a NYS Department of Health approved Home Health training program
- Pre-employment physical examination/PPD prior to patient contact
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check as per NYS Department of Health regulation
- Must have reliable transportation; if by car, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required
- Nurturing and compassionate nature with the desire to care for others
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Elder Home Care is one of Long Island’s fastest growing home care service providers. Our staff shares a genuine passion for helping people to provide the highest quality of care for our seniors.
Elder Home Care is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour